Ischia is the largest island in the bay of Naples and is considered by many the most beautiful, (though Capri is considerably more famous). The island has a coastline of 34 kms, covers an area of 46 sq kms, and it is divided into six municipalities: Ischia, Casamicciola, Lacco Ameno, Forio, Barano and Serrara Fontana. With approximately 60,000 inhabitants, it is the third most populated island in Italy after Sicily and Sardinia. Also called the "Green Island" for its luxuriant vegetation, Ischia is an earthly paradise, where visitors can enjoy incomparable experiences. The unexpected passage from the beach to Mount Epomeo (789m a.s.l), across a natural filter of fascinating chestnut forests where hiking becomes an authentic pleasure; the sea bed rich in posidonia and coral, ideal for diving; the breathtaking panoramas, the well-kept and organized beaches, the spa resorts where idleness becomes healthy for both mind and body – these are only some of the experiences that Ischia, its history (which goes back to the 8th Century BC), its colours and, why not, its tastes, offer to the many guests from all over the world. Well connected with the nearby localities, Ischia is also a good starting point to visit in a full day excursion other famous resorts in the Neapolitan Riviera such as Pompeii, Herculaneaum, Capri, Sorrento and Amalfi Coast.
- The Aragonese Castle
- Negombo Spa, gardens and beach
- La Mortella Gardens
- The Archaeological Museum in Lacco Ameno
- Sant’Angelo, a charming fishing village along the Southern Coast of the island
- Hiking on the hills of Ischia discovering chestnut woods, houses dug into huge rocks of green tufa, vineyards, cellars, water springs, and great views
- Boat trip around the island
- Wine tasting: since 1966, wines from Ischia have been authenticated and recognized under the D.O.C. label of origin controlled wines
- Thermal Baths at Sorgeto: a small bay, west of Sant’Angelo, where thermal waters gush springs directly into the sea
- Shopping in Via Roma and Corso Vittoria Colonna in Ischia Porto
- Nightlife especially in Ischia Porto and Forio where the variety of activities could not be more comprehensive: clubs, discos, bars venues with live music and piano bars, very attractive pubs with chilled-out music and cosy environment
The closest airport is the Naples International Airport "Capodichino" . From the airport, it is possible by taxi to reach one of the two harbours of Naples (Beverello, or Calata Porta Massa) in 20-30 minutes; from these harbours, regular ferry crossing connect to Ischia in 60-90 minutes.
From the airport there is also a bus line service "Alibus" which connects directly with the harbour of Naples Beverello (Piazza Municipio) in 30-35 minutes (runs every 30 minutes). If you prefer, we can assist you with a private and comfortable transfer service from the airport to the hotel in Ischia. In this case do not hesitate to contact us.